WDS log file location

Hi. Been using WDS for some time on Windows 2008 but need to troubleshoot issues with a new image not picking up settings from the .XML file. I have enabled Client Logging on the server - set to 'log error, warning and informational messages' - but where are the logs? I can't find them and it doesn't let me specify a location. Help please!

P.S. Have restarted the server in case that was needed to start logging.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    On the client browse to C:\Windows\Panther - there should be two files named sectupact.log and setuperr.log that may shed some light on what is going on. Look for errors or warnings.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for the pointer, I have located setuperr.log in the UnattendGC folder location and it would seem that it is unable to join the domain. Here is what I found in the log:

2014-01-07 14:13:14, Error [DJOIN.EXE] Unattended Join: NetJoinDomain failed error code is [2]
    2014-01-07 14:13:14, Error [DJOIN.EXE] Unattended Join: Unable to join; gdwError = 0x2

It doesn't give any more information than this so I don't know why it isn't joining the domain?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Check the logon credentials specified in your xml file and make sure you have used domain\username format