DFSR event id 5012

I am trying to create a DFS replication group between two servers but nothing replicates. I have noticed event id 5012 being logged on one of the servers: The DFS Replication service failed to communicate with partner server2 for replication group MyReplicationGroup. The partner did not recognize the connection or the replication group configuration. Partner DNS Address: server2.mydomain.local Optional data if available: Partner WINS Address: server2 Partner IP Address: 192.168.1.7 The service will retry the connection periodically. Additional Information: Error: 9026 (The connection is invalid) Connection ID: 72D97789-3536-4C7B-8E60-FEBA52F634D4 Replication Group ID: 0C169A50-377D-4B81-BDBA-E71C9CD7CE35 Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    What's the setup? Are they at different locations? If so have you checked the required firewall ports are open? I always restrict DFS replication to a single port to make it easier. Also, make sure you allow enough time for the DFS servers to sync with the local domain controllers.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    They are both in the same building on the same infrastructure (same subnet in fact) so no firewall rules required. One is Windows 2008R2 and the other is Windows 2012R2. I have waited several hours for AD, even specified the DC when using "dfsrdiag pollad".
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    Are files replicating despite that message in the EventLog? Try using the dfsrdiag backlog command to see if it is waiting to replicate.